- Please click here for the latest Resident Update video from 15th January. These videos are recorded fortnightly, usually on a Friday.
- The Social Housing White Paper was released in November. For a good summary of the implications for residents, you can watch this video from the Tpas Tenant Engagement organisation. Watch at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2BWsrpPFFA&feature=youtu.be
Resident Consultative Group
Our Resident Consultative Group represents the top-level of resident involvement, advising on key strategic issues across LJHA. The group currently has 6 members, representing both General Needs and Sheltered Housing residents. The current members are:
- Sally Brown
- David Gloan
- Hilary Jones
- Marcia Levy
- Trude Silman
- Niki Yoshua
The Terms of Reference for the RCG have been drawn up by members of the group in partnership with LJHA, and can be accessed via this link.
The group have also signed up to a Code of Conduct and Confidentiality. Our Hot Topic Group members and Resident Ambassadors have also signed a similar document.
A Board or Sub-Board member will be attending each RCG meeting to develop links between the RCG and Board members. On 3rd November 2020, Adam Baxter, Chair of the Operations Sub-Board attended. The next meeting will be taking place on 19th January 2021 when Mark Grandfield, LJHA Chief Executive, will be attending.
Hot Topic Groups
- Our Gardening Hot Topic Group has 8 members, and has been working with LJHA to include the voice of residents in the design of the new contract for tender for gardening services. The gardening tender document has been completed and will then be sent to potential contractors. Once responses have been received, the Hot Topic Group will meet to discuss who the contract will be awarded to. It is envisaged the successful provider will commence in Spring 2021.
- Our Tenant Satisfaction Hot Topic Group has 7 members. The group helped LJHA with the survey questions, and have also been looking at the responses from the first part of the survey – half of our residents completed the survey in September, and another survey will be carried out in March. The group have discussed the key findings from the report, and made some recommendations for things that LJHA should prioritise. These were discussed at the LJHA Operations Sub-Board on 15th December.
- We have also formed a Repairs Hot Topic Group to look at how LJHA can improve the quality of our repairs and maintenance service. The group currently has 6 members. Their first task has been to help review the Service Charges leaflet and letter in preparation for the letters which all residents will receive in March.
- We now need volunteers for a new Hot Topic Group to help us to decide on the decoration, fixtures and fittings for the new sheltered housing development which will be completed in 2022. Further information can be found on our Queenshill Development Resident Engagement page.
We have 11 Resident Ambassadors at the moment, who have shown their interest in engaging with their neighbours to find out what matters to them on a day-to-day basis. Once the Tenant Satisfaction Hot Topic Group have made their recommendations, we may ask our Ambassadors to speak to people about their experiences.
Our Ambassadors will also help us to monitor how well the gardening contractors (once they are in place) are performing.
The list of Ambassadors are as follows. If you wish to speak to them, please contact the LJHA office.
Bentcliffe Court – Colinne Jackson, Jennifer Purcell
Burton House – Hilary Jones and Marcia Levy
Burton Mews – David Gloan
Green Park – Diane Feddy
Queenshill Drive – Louise and John Diamond
Sheila Saunders Lawn – Murray Burke
Stonegate Way – Pat Dapin and Val King
At the moment, we still need Ambassadors for the following locations:
- Cranmer Gardens
- High Moor Close
- Lady Park Court
- Queenshill Avenue
- Queenshill Gardens
- Skyte House
- Stone Court
If you are interested in any of these groups, please contact Simon Phillips on 0113 8592228 or via e-mail email@example.com
Meeting notes from group meetings, and other relevant information, can be supplied on request by contacting Simon.