We advertise our job vacancies on this section of the website; we also advertise volunteering and apprenticeship opportunities here as well as jobs. Want to know more about our current staff team? Visit the ‘Our Staff Team’ page to see who is who in LJHA. We have five departments within Leeds Jewish Housing Association that you could be a part of – these are Housing, Sheltered Housing, Operations, Finance and Corporate Services.
Scroll down for more vacancies!
Do you want to volunteer your time? We host activities in Sheltered Housing Schemes as well as occasional activities in General Needs Schemes, if you want to volunteer your time to help run the Sheltered Housing activities please contact Karen Woldman on 0113 320 7777, please note however we do not always require new volunteers.
One Vacancy Available:
Tenant Support Officer
£20,000 – £25,000 per annum dependant on experience
Location: Leeds – West Yorkshire
Closing date: 21st September 2018 2:00pm
37 hours per week
We are looking for a hardworking, dedicated Tenant Support Officer to join our team to deliver a service to our tenants that improves the service and enhances the local neighbourhood.
The overall purpose of the role is:
- To deliver a service that is supportive of residents, seeks to improve the quality of services for tenants, enhances the neighbourhood and take into account the needs of both tenants and LJHA.
- To work flexibly to ensure a seamless service for our tenants to include evening and weekend work. The role will involve visiting tenants across all LJHA sites and to other locations e.g. job centre plus, benefits office etc and therefore requires the individual to have access to their own vehicle.
- To build external relationships and liaise with a multi-agency team in order to review the progress of our tenants.
- To be able to solve problems, find solutions and achieve positive outcomes.
- To strive to help tenants sustain their tenancy, assist residents to live independent lives and assist them to work towards the best long-term housing options for them.
- To enhance community involvement through engagement with tenants and development of community groups.
The necessary skills, knowledge and experience include:
- Knowledge of welfare and the benefits system
- Experience of working with individuals with a variety of mental health issues
- Knowledge of anti social behaviour and the correct processes to follow.
For further information and an application pack please email email@example.com.
If you are shortlisted you will be contacted directly, if you do not hear from us within 3 weeks of the closing date, it can be assumed that unfortunately, your application was unsuccessful on this occasion.