We know that sometimes things can go wrong in your home, and we will do our best to fix things for you as soon as we can.
Our responsive repairs service includes:
• Day-to-day repairs to individual properties
• Repairs which may affect more than one person in a communal block, street or area
• Repairs to empty properties before letting
• Major repairs such as fire or flood damage
How to Report a Repair to LJHA
You can report a repair in different ways:
- You can complete the form at the bottom of this page. This also allows you to upload a picture
- You can e-mail email@example.com 24 hours a day. Please note that the message may not be picked up outside of normal office hours
- You can ring our Repairs Team on 0113 320 7770. The telephone line is available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, and 9am to 2pm on Fridays. For emergency repairs outside of normal office hours, please call 07776296318
- You can report in person to Housing Support Workers for sheltered housing repairs
- You can report in person to another member of LJHA staff, who will pass this on to the Repairs Team
- You can report via our LiveChat facility during normal office hours.
What happens when I report a repair?
It is important that you report a repair as soon as you become aware of it, especially if this is an emergency.
When you report a repair, your repair will be assigned as a Routine, Urgent or Emergency repair. We aim to fix the repair as shown below:
- An emergency repair will be dealt with within 1 day
- An urgent repair will be dealt with within 7 days
- A routine repair will be dealt with within 28 days
However, sometimes things may take longer depending on the problem. Some jobs may require a pre-inspection visit before the repair is arranged. For example:
- Investigations to identify the problem are required
- Previous repairs have not resolved the problem
- Where there are boundary or ownership issues
- Where a wider problem affecting more than one person is identified
Communal repairs, where there may be several properties that need to be looked at, or repairs to a communal facility, may take longer than.
We will inform you if we think that the timescale for completion will be longer than our target. We will keep in touch with you by e-mail, text or telephone, depending on your preference
Arrangements for Repairs
All repairs, except communal repairs, will be made by appointment with you, or sometimes through a member of LJHA staff. We will offer an appointment for the repair or inspection to be completed at the time that the repair is reported. This will be at a time and date convenient for you.
The following options will be given as arrival times (not repair completion times):
- Morning: Between 8am and 12pm
- Afternoon: Between 12pm and 5pm
If you need to cancel the appointment, please let us know as early as soon as possible. If a member of the team arrives for an appointment and is unable to gain access and has had no contact from you, the job order will be closed after five working days. If we are unable to keep to an appointment we will inform you in good time and agree an alternative date/time.
Leeds Jewish Housing Association employs in-house staff to complete repairs. However, we also rely on specialised contractors as well. Sometimes we may ask these contractors to deal with you directly and book in appointments. As well as ourselves, all of our external contractors carry identification.
Please be rest assured that we have put adequate safety measures in place to protect you and the contractor whilst working in your home. All operatives will wear the relevant PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and will show identification before entering your home. It is also worth noting that we will be asking you a series of Covid-19-related questions before proceeding with your repair request and if you are showing any signs of Covid-19 or are self-isolating then we will not visit to carry out any non-essential repairs. We will however record the request on our database so that we can later agree a suitable date to return when it is safe to do so.
What will the LJHA Repairs Team fix?
Many of our repairs will be included in the service charge which you pay each year. For example, drains, gutters and external pipes, basins, sinks, baths and toilets, boilers and heating, communal aerials and door entry systems.
However, there are some things that are not our responsibility to fix, or may be repaired or installed at an additional cost to yourself. This may include:
- Repairing anything that you install yourself in your home
- Repairing any damage which is caused by you, someone living with you or by visitors
- Repairing anything which is as a result of you not looking after your home, such as condensation or mould, or blocked sinks or drains caused by fat, nappies or wipes
- Infestations of rodents and insects
- Decorating your home once it has been let
- Replacing light bulbs, starters in fluorescent lights and fuses
- Replacing lost door and window keys and (if necessary) changing locks, and lock changes which don’t relate to maintaining your personal safety
- Checking and (if required) replacing batteries in any smoke or carbon monoxide detector in your
- Broken windows/re-glazing
We may also charge you for:
• Aborted visits by contractors/staff following agreed access arrangements
• Legal costs incurred in gaining access to your home to carry out annual gas servicing
• Repairs that have to be carried out to an empty property when a tenancy ends, which the outgoing tenant was responsible for
If you have any concerns about how we will carry out repairs within your home then please do let us know on 0113 3207777, option 1. You can also learn more about our Responsive Repairs Policy via this link